Το Νοσοκομείο Erasme ψάχνει να προσλάβει έναν Αναπληρωτή Eπικεφαλή της Μονάδας Μεταμοσχεύσεων:
JOB DESCRIPTION: DEPUTY HEAD OF LUNG TRANSPLANT SERVICES
Job Profile Head of Lung Transplant Services (Thoracic surgery department)
Co-management of the medical-surgical program of lung transplantation
- Responsible for the general organization of the surgical activity of lung transplantation
- Responsible for the organization of pre & post grafts
- Supervision of the recipients in the High/Intensive care dept.
- Participation in the medical/surgical meeting
- Participation, once a week in the meeting with the concerned nurses in order to review the medical files of the in-patients.
- Two consultations a week (pre graft, follow-up of the in-patients, post graft) & administrative follow-up with the patient’s GP
- Participation in the weekly clinical meeting of lung transplantation
- Contribution to the maintenance & upgrade of the database.
- Participation in the general activities of the thoracic surgery department: Chest meeting, replacements, on-duty organization, W-E work.
- Proofreading of the files written by the resident doctors
- Interaction with the coordination service
- Evaluation of the pulmonary offering and the organization of the pulmonary samples
- Development of new evaluation methods and/or of organ reconditioning
Clinical Research activities
- Development of a reconditioning program of ex vivo organs
- Participation & set up of a referee doctors network
- Participation in a network aimed at encouraging lung donations
- Interaction with the official Belgian bodies
- Interaction with Eurotransplant (donations, lung allocation score, audits,
- Emergency calls, communication of the yearly mandatory data)
- Participation in actions aimed at making people sensitive to organ donation
On going training
- Active participation in the lung transplantation seminars
- Active participation in the BTS
- Active participation in European seminars/congresses in the lung transplantation field (ESOT, ISHLT & others)
Mandatory : French, English
Dutch would be an asset since Erasme wants to initiate/develop partnerships with the VUB in Brussels & the hospital of Ghent.
- Able to work in multidisciplinary teams : physiotherapists, pneumologists, cardiologists, labs, ….
- Personal ethics, respect
- Sense of humour, able to work under pressure.
- Able to develop partnerships with hospitals not practicing lung transplantations in order to become THE transplantation centre, the reference centre for hospitals like, VUB, Ghent.
Interested candidates should send their application & resume to the attention of